Monday, October 22, 2012

An Apple a Day...

Hello My Stamping Buddies and Happy Monday!

Goodness!  That was one busy weekend!  It all started off on Friday night with the super-fun Bunco get-together!   Several stampers won hostess dollars to spend and others went home with some fun merchandise as well. Everyone had a great time.  We also made two fall-ish cards, ate pizza and salad, and then had Pumpkin Bars for dessert.  We'll be playing Bunco for prizes again during Sale-a-bration, so be looking for that announcement.

Whatever you did this weekend, I hope that it was a refreshing change from your usual routine and that you are now feeling relaxed and ready for the challenges of a new week.  To start your week out on a healthy note, I've got a fun apple card for you.  You know what they say about apples... "stamping an apple a day keeps depression away" so go ahead and stamp all the apples you can!

Here's the card...


I just love this fun "Perfectly Preserved" stamp set ( page 29 of the Holiday catalog).  It is so much fun to stamp the jar, lid, apple, and leaf and them cover them with the matching framelits, and then cut by cranking the paper through the big shot.  I'm not sure how we got along without these handy tools for so long.  I guess we did a lot of cutting my hand.

Here's a quick list of what I used for this card:

Stamps:  Perfectly Preserved, page 29 of Holiday catalog
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Early espresso
Paper:  Orchard Harvest Designer Series paper, p. 28 of Holiday catalog
             Very Vanilla ( for card base and jar)
             Early Espresso
             Lucky Limeaid ( for Label shape behind the jar)
Extras:  Early Espresso Baker's Twine, dimensionals
             Cannery Set Framelit Dies (page 29 of the Holiday catalog)
             Label Framelit Dies (also on page 29)
             Square Lattice Embossing folder
             Dimensionals

I want to apologize for the date that shows up on my photos.   As you know, my camera was lost on the Hilton Head trip, so now I'm using John's camera and we aren't sure how to turn off the date feature.  Hopefully John will be able to locate the instruction manual that came with the camera and we can turn this feature off. 

Thank you for stopping by today!  May the week ahead be a good one for all! 
Oh, and one more thing... don't forget to shop the Clearance Rack. Go to my business web site
www.susanrodgers.stampinup.net
 More goodies were added on Friday and there are some amazing deals!

Happy stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment