Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Elegant and Easy

Hello stampers!
Happy Tuesday and thanks for stopping by for a visit!

I'm back from my trip and back to blogging again, and since I really didn't show you anything yesterday, I decided I needed to make that up to you by blogging and showing you a pretty card today.  So now I'm a bit off schedule, but I plan to post again on Wednesday and then again on Friday, which will get me back on schedule. 

I'm wondering where the month of September went.  I don't think I remember it ever passing so quickly!  There is much to love about October, though, so let me remind you of a few of my favorite things: 
             pumpkins piled outside of grocery stores, making a beautiful autumn display
             chrysanthemums in bloom... love their spicy scent
             gourds in all shapes, sizes and colors... so fun to decorate with
             sunny days with a bright blue sky
             red and gold leaves drifting down
            decorating the house for Halloween
            buying Halloween candy for the little ghosts and goblins (and making sure it is something I
               don't like so I won't eat it all before Halloween!)
            answering the door on Halloween night
            making homemade soup
            drinking hot spiced cider
                            
What are your favorite things about October???
Now that Halloween is just around the corner, that can only mean one thing... Christmas is coming and we'd better get ready!

Today's card is super simple, yet elegant.  Take a peek and let me know what you think.



Your friends and relatives would love getting this beautiful Christmas card from you and they'll be so impressed with your stamping abilities!  Here's a quick list of what I used to create this simply elegant card:
                    Ornament Keepsake stamp set, page 3 of the Holiday catalog
                    Holiday Ornaments Framelit Dies, also on page 3
                    3/4 inch Circle punch
                    Very Vanilla and Cherry Cobbler card stock
                    Cherry Cobbler and Lucky Limeaid stamp pads
                    Cherry Cobbler baker's twine
                    Basic Pearls
                    Greetings of the Season stamp set, page 8 of the Holiday catalog
                    Dimensionals
             
Well, dear friends, that's it for today!  I'm busily working on some great cards for World Card-Making Day on Saturday, October 6th.  I have room in both the morning session (10 am- 12:30 pm) and the afternoon session (1- 3:30), so if you'd like to sign up, please send me a quick email and I'll get your name on the list.

Don't forget to come back tomorrow for another classic card.
Susan 
           

            

No comments:

Post a Comment