Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Criss-Cross Card

Hello again!  Thanks for coming back this wintry Wednesday!

We are now in the thick of leaf season here on Pinehurst Drive.  They are coming down faster than the rain and of course the wind is giving them a big assist.  Have I mentioned that we will never buy another house on a corner lot?  Corner lots are just way too much work, especially when they are bordered on three sides with deciduous trees.  To make things easier for my yard man (aka John), I bought him a new leaf blower as an early birthday present, and I must say he's enjoying it so much he can barely put it down ( hahaha... he's out there for hours and still the leaves keep coming).  Soon leaf season will be over and John can go back to reading and playing Solitaire... I'm sure he's looking forward to that!

So while "yard man" is busily engaged with leaf collection, "stampin' girl" is laboring away in her upstairs room, getting ready for many upcoming events that are planned for your entertainment and enlightenment.  In fact, the card I'm showing you today is one that we'll be making on Sunday at my annual Think Pink party, where all of my profits will go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.  This style of card is known in card-making circles as a criss-cross card because (guess what), one side of the card crisses (there's really no such word!) while the other side crosses over it, creating a cute little envelope that holds an insert card.  Of course you can also stuff it with things like gift cards, "folding money," or diamond earrings... just whatever strikes your fancy.  Maybe the earrings would be a bit too much.  You could also give one of these to a stamping friend with a Stampin'Up! gift certificate in it.  And since I sell those, I can help you with that.  Just let me know who it's for and how much and I can take care of that for you!
OK... enough blathering... let's get to the card!


Again, sorry for the pesky date that is showing in the corner.  I will eventually fix this, but probably not anytime soon.  Yard man is too busy with leaves to look for the instruction manual for his camera. 

If you are one of the lucky folks who was able to get a spot at the stamping table for Sunday's Think Pink event, you will receive an instruction sheet with all of the measurements and directions for making this cute card.  Unfortunately, I cannot take any more reservations now... I'll be squeezing people in as it is.  The colors I used are Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Island Indigo, Riding Hood Red, and the Designer Paper is from the Twitterpated collection.  If you'd like to have the instruction sheet, please send me a quick email and I'll send you one.  The fun thing about these cards is that, while they are so easy to make, they are quite impressive-looking, so you can wow your friends and relatives with your advanced card-making skills!

OK, stamping people, that's it for today!  I can't promise you that I'll be back on Friday, as we are having a visit from the Seattle tribe, beginning this Thursday.  I'll try to write something Thursday night for publication on Friday, but I can't guarantee it.  So if I miss you on Friday, I'll be back on Monday with another classic card for your inspiration and enjoyment.  Thanks for stopping by!

Happy stamping everyone!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment