Friday, September 28, 2012

No Peeking!

Hello Stampers!
Happy Friday and start of the weekend to all!
Thank you for taking the time to drop by for a visit.  I appreciate my readers!

As you are reading this, I'm over on the other side of the country, visiting Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, courtesy of Stampin'Up! and you, my wonderful customers.  Thank you for all of your support!   This trip is a smaller one--- it's called the getaway trip--- and I decided to make it a real getaway and leave the laptop at home.  I'll have photos to share once I return home, but I don't want to spend any of the short time we have there holed up in my room blogging and posting pictures.  I hope you understand.

The card I have for you today features a cute and whimsical set from the annual catalog called "No Peeking."  (You can take a peek on page 23).  Not only does this set make cute Christmas cards, but it also is great for making gift tags.  Isn't this a fun card??



The colors are Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeaid and Very Vanilla.  I pulled the colors directly from the Designer Paper called Festival of Prints.  This great paper is 4 1/2 by 6 1/2 in size and the pad contains 48 sheets for only $6.95. Check out this great Designer Paper on page 20 of the Holiday catalog.  I added some texture to the card with the new Chevron embossing folder and the ever-popular Perfect Polka Dots folder. Mr. Cutie Patootie Penguin was stamped in Cherry Cobbler and he's wearing a scarf of Cherry Cobbler baker's twine.  I admit I went a little punchy on this card ( it uses four different punches!)--- the 2 3/8 inch Scallop Circle punch, the 2 1/2 inch Circle punch, the 1 3/4 inch Scallop Circle punch (behind the Jolly Christmas sentiment) and the Decorative Label punch. 
With some quick stamping using only one color and some quick punching, this card went together like a dream, which is what you want a Christmas card to do. 

Have a great weekend and enjoy those warm temps ( I read it is supposed to reach the 80's!)
Happy stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment