Thursday, September 20, 2012

Two for You!


Hi stampers!  Thanks for joining me on a Thursday!

I'm sorry I missed seeing you yesterday, but it was my day to have Allie and the day was spent in grandma and grandpa mode ... going out for breakfast, hitting the Carter's store, going for a walk down to the park, swinging Allie in the baby swing, feeding her lunch, then naptime.... the day just flew by!  But let me show you what I was working on during Allie's nap time. 



This is one of the swap cards that I'll be taking with me to Hilton Head Island in a few days.  I saw this color combination in a home catalog (on some draperies) and I thought to myself.... I could re-create that color scheme with Stampin'Up! colors--- Basic Gray, Pool Pary, and Summer Starfruit.  I love these colors together... so fresh and contemporary!  The stamp set is Raining Flowers and the saying is from the set Curly Cute ( just love that font!).  I punched card stock with the Fancy Flower Punch, the Scallop Circle Punch, the new smaller scallop circle punch that's in the Holiday Mini and for the smallest flower in the center I used the Boho Blossom Punch.  A printed Pool Party brad in the center holds all the layers together.  The Pool Party panel was embossed with the new Chevron embossing folder. The beautiful stitched satin ribbon in Summer Starfruit "pops" against the Basic Gray card stock.  Don't forget, you get a free bolt of the Stitched Satin ribbon of your choice for every $40 you spend in September.  September is almost over, so get your free ribbon while you can!  I hope you'll feel inspired to try a new color combination of your own.  Clothing catalogs and home magazines and catalogs are great places to find stamping inspiration. 

Here's another card that will be swapped during the Hilton Head trip.  Some of you will remember this from an earlier post ( and we also made a similar card at my Color Class earlier this year).  Being from Portland, I thought it was important to "put a bird on it."  This card is for an organized swap I'm participating in and was sent in advance to a demonstrator in Iowa who is one of the swap organizers.  We'll be getting in so late that evening that I might miss the swap entirely, so thought it best to mail it ahead of time.  This one features the fabulous Papaya Collage set from the big annual catalog.  The mystery of the name continues, as there's no Papaya anywhere in the set!  There's that beautiful stitched satin ribbon again, this time in Midnight Muse. 

Thanks for checking in with me on a Thursday and don't forget to come back tomorrow for another classic card. 
Have a great Thursday!
Susan

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the thank you card! I must use that color combination on my next card. It is so nice!!

    ReplyDelete