Monday, September 24, 2012

Happy Fall, Y'all!

Hello Blog Readers!
Thanks for stopping by this fall Monday.

Yes, over the weekend a significant event occurred.  We crossed over into fall territory on Saturday, September 22nd, the first official day of fall.  And what a fun day it was!  My house was full of enthusiastic stampers who were busy creating a beautiful set of cards and a box to store them in.  Along the way there was lots of chatting, munching, and laughing going on.  If you weren't able to join in the fun, I hope that you'll be able to attend one of my upcoming events--- World Card-Making Day on October 6th, Stampin'Up! Bunco Night on Friday October 19th, and Stamp Out Breast Cancer (at my Think Pink event) on Sunday, October 28th. 

Here's a yummy recipe for Cinnamon Cream Dip that I served on Saturday.  It is delicious with crisp cold apple slices. 

1  8oz. block of cream cheese (1/3 less fat or regular), softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
ground cinnamon to taste ( I probably used about 2 tsp)

Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and blend with an electric mixer until the sugar is dissolved.  Chill several hours and blend again on high speed just before serving, until it is whipped and fluffy.
Serve with apples and/or pears... a perfect fall treat!

Well, I guesss that's enough rambling.  Let me show you a classic card... just the kind I like!



This beauty is the work of fellow demonstrator Terri Mills and I received it when I participated in a Holiday Mini-catalog swap.  I think you all know that Cherry Cobbler is my favorite red of all time and I love how rich it looks when paired with Brushed Gold card stock ( page 160 of the annual catalog).  The Brushed Gold card stock is easy to miss, as there are so many different kinds of card stock shown on that page, and of course the catalog doesn't do justice to its shimmery beauty (and neither does my photo)!

The stamp set Terri used is called Christmas Blessings (p. 19 of the annual catalog) and again, it is easy to miss as it doesn't jump off the page at you, the way some stamp sets do.  But when stamped in Versamark ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder, this set packs a powerful punch. The images in this set would also be awesome stamped in Jet Black Staz-On (waterproof) ink on watercolor paper and then colored with the Watercolor Wonder Crayons.  For the background, Terri used the new Lacy Brocade embossing folder (page 6 of the Holiday Mini-catalog), which has become a top seller and favorite of many of my customers.  This traditional pattern has a classic look that is timeless.  If you don't already own it, you're going to want to add it to your next order.  It is especially gorgeous when used with the new Core-dinations paper (also on page 6 of the Holiday catalog) and then when the paper is lightly sanded, the lighter core of the paper shows, giving a super elegant vintage-y look to your cards. 

I'm off to meet up with my SOS (Stamp Out Stress) group at Symposium Coffee in Old Town Sherwood this afternoon.  We'd love to have you join us sometime!  Thanks for stopping by for a visit and I'll see you on Wednesday for another classic card!
Happy fall and happy stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment