Friday, September 14, 2012

Oh, Deer!



Good Morning Stampers and welcome to Friday!

I sincerely hope all of you had a great week.... wasn't the weather just the best?  I'm thrilled that sun is in the forecast for the next week or so.  You know me... I'm a sunshine girl and I start to feel all gloomy and sad when the gray returns.  Thankfully, I'm so busy stamping and designing cards and thinking up fun stamping events that I don't have much time for gloom-- a good thing for sure!

I don't know why (maybe it's the good weather), but the weeks seem to be flying by at a faster rate than usual.  I just did a quick count, and Oh, Deer!  There are only about 15 weeks left before Christmas. Those weeks are going to zip by and before you know it, Christmas will be here.  Yikes! 
But never fear... it's Christmas Deer to the rescue!  Check out this handsome guy!



This is one of the cards I had on display at my Jingle Bell Jump event last weekend.  I just love this guy and even more so since he's single!  (Well, he's a single stamp, that is).  You can find him on page 19 of the big annual catalog.  He's stamped in Early Espresso on Crumb Cake card stock, and then cut out with one of the Label Collection framelits.  A pretty little cardinal is perched on his antlers, stamped in Cherry Cobbler. The textured background was done with the new Woodgrain embossing folder (page 33 of the Holiday Mini) and the new Core-dinations paper which you can see on page 6 of the Holiday Mini. After embossing the paper, I lightly sanded with the new Sanding System (only $3.95, page 6 of the Holiday Mini).  What an amazing background for Mr. Deer!  It gives such a nice rustic look to the card.  The sentiment is from the new stamp set Greetings of the Season ( only 11.95 in clear mount, page 8 of the Holiday Mini).  I stamped it in Cherry Cobbler, punched it out with the Decorative Label Punch and sponged around everything with Early Espresso. 
Some silky seam binding in Cherry Cobbler adds a pretty touch and is soft enough that there's no big knot to foul up the Postal Service's machinery.  I love how this turned out and I hope you do too!
This wouldn't be that time-consuming to make in quantity, an important consideration when choosing the design for a Christmas card. 

Enjoy this beautiful Friday!  Get outside and soak up some sunshine to store up for winter!

Thanks for stopping by today and please come back on Monday for another Classic Card. Oh, and if you should want to join me for a stamping good time, come over to my house at 1:30 on Saturday.  One of the cards you'll make uses the new Woodgrain Folder, the new Core-dinations paper, and the new sanding block, plus the new Wonderfall set and matching die. Fun stuff!  Just drop me a quick email at sjrstamps@gmail.com so I'll be sure to have enough paper cut.

Happy Weekend!
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment