Friday, September 7, 2012

Snowflakes x 3 for a hot day

Hello Stampers and Happy Friday!
Thanks for stopping by today! 

Hasn't the weather been spectacular lately?  I'm just loving every minute of sunshine and I hope you are too.  I read a Facebook post from a young lady today who said she hates the weather and is hoping for rain.  To her, I say, "You must be crazy!"  We all know what's coming our way very soon, don't we?

Meanwhile, the weather forecast for today says that it will be hot one, so I thought I'd help you cool off by showing you a very cool card which was made by a very cool stamper, Cheryl Brown.  Have you noticed that the Triple Time stamping technique (which, by the way, is not a new technique at all) is showing up everywhere these days?  One popular blogger posted a card using this idea and then, copy cats that we are, everyone jumped on the triple time wagon.  Oh well, it's a fun technique that results in great cards so why not use it?

Here is Cheryl's card---



The stamp set, Snowflake Soiree, is on page 5 of the Holiday Mini-catalog.  Cheryl's color choices, Pool Party and Not quite Navy, give the card an icy look.  The sentiment is part of the stamp set, which I love---no additional purchase required!  After she stamped all the Whisper White layers, she ran them through the Big Shot with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I love how she used some white vellum to cut out a snowflake to add to the frosty feel.  The new snowflake die for the Big Shot can be found on page 14 of the Holiday Mini-catalog.  I'm a big fan of this new and improved snowflake die because it cuts three different sizes of snowflakes that can be layered for an amazing embellishment or you can just use one snowflake as Cheryl did here. The Pool Party seam binding adds a luxurious touch, as does the basic rhinestone.  Don't you feel cooler just looking at this card?

If you'd like a sheet of instructions, giving you the measurements for each of the 6 layers, please send me an email at sjrstamps@gmail.com and I'll email them to you. 

Well, my stamping friends, I've got a big weekend ahead with a class on Saturday morning and afternoon and then a private party on Sunday.  I'm blessed to be so busy!  
Enjoy the sunny weekend and I'm hoping you'll take a few minutes to stamp something pretty!
Hugs,
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment