Monday, April 16, 2012

Sunshine on a Cloudy Day

Before I get started with today's post, I want to remind you that the Retired List was announced yesterday, April 15th. I sent everyone an email yesterday with the list as an attachment.  If you are a blog reader who did not receive the list, please let me know by emailing me at sjrstamps@gmail.com  and I'll make sure you get one.  You only have until May 31st to get these sets.  After that they are gone forever.  And now, back to the blog...

Hello Stamping Friends!  Welcome back to The Classic Card.
I enjoyed a great weekend full of family, guests, and entertaining and now it is back to reality!  And the reality is that it is raining. Again.

Here's a thought I ran across that I'd like to share with all of you:

"It is the artist's business to create sunshine when the sun fails."
                                         Romain Rolland
                                         French dramatist, novelist, essayist and art historian
                                         Awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1915

So that, my friends, is what we are going to do today.  We stamp artists are going to be about the business of creating sunshine, because the sun has most certainly failed us today!  With our stamps, ink, paper, accessories, and our raw artistic talent, we are going to conjure up a sunny day.  Please join me in this endeavor.  And to help you along with this task, I've got a card that might inspire you.  Take a peek...




How's this for a sunny spring-like card?  It makes me feel happier just looking at it!   Let me give you a quick list of the stamps and supplies I used to create my own sunshine.

Stamps:
Forever Young
Pursuit of Happiness

Ink:
Always Artichoke (for the tree)
Early Espresso (for the sentiment)
So Saffron and Pretty in Pink stamp pads (for sponging)


Paper:
Whisper White
So Saffron
Pear Pizzazz

Accessories:
Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding
Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
Scallop Circle #2 for the Big Shot
2 1/2 inch Circle Punch
Sponges
Dimensionals

Now I'm going to take my sunshine-deprived self off to Curves for my Monday workout.  I hope all of you will take 15 minutes or so to create something fun, something pretty, or something sunny to send out into the world today.  Thanks for stopping in today and don't forget to come back tomorrow for more stamping inspiration.
Thinking sunny thoughts,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment