Monday, April 9, 2012

More Bright Blossoms

Hello Stampers and Welcome Back!
 Were you wondering if I'd ever get back to blogging?  I don't want you to think I was just lounging around the house, eating bon-bons.  Nooooo!  That was not the case at all!  I was a very busy mom and grandmother as I cooked, cleaned, picked up, read stories, and cleaned up some more from one end of the weekend to the other. The house was full of Easter eggs, jelly beans, chocolate bunnies, and fuzzy bunny ears... not to mention four grandchildren.  It was fun, but a bit tiring too!  The Seattle troops left yesterday around noon and we almost have the house back together again.

Wasn't the sunshine over the weekend just glorious?!? I think that's the only sunny Easter we've had within recent memory.  I hope you got out in it and let old Mr. Golden Sun shine down on you!  If he could just stay with us a little longer, I would be extremely grateful.  Speaking of sunshine... here's another sunny card for you, using the new catalog "sneak peek" set Bright Blossoms. 



This cute "quilted" card was made by the talented Joyce Keefe, a demonstrator friend.  I received this card in a swap I participated in recently.  Don't you love the quilt panel?  If you'd like to make a card like this, book a party with me and I'll show you how easy it is to make a quilt card.  And no, you don't cut out a lot of little squares and then glue them together.... it is much easier than that!

Here's a quick run down of the supplies Joyce used to create this fun card:

Stamps:
Bright Blossoms*
Ink:
Real Red, Island Indigo, and Old Olive markers
Paper:
Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Island Indigo, and Whisper White card stock
Summer Smooches Designer Paper (for the quilted panel)*
Accessories:
Daffodil Delight seam binding*
Lattice Square embossing folder for the Big Shot
Basic Pearls
*  indicates items in the Summer Smooches Suite that are a sneak peek from the new catalog.  These products will be available for purchase until the end of April. Then you'll see them again in June when the new catalog comes out.

Have you signed up for my card design class yet? It is coming up on Saturday April 21st at 10:30 am at my house.  After the instructional part of the class is over, you'll make two cards and enjoy some treats and of course there'll be some prizes given away as well. Don't miss out on this chance to learn some tips and tricks to make desiging cards a breeze.  You'll get some great hand-outs to take home that will prove to be a big help as well.  To join the class, just email me or respond to the evite I sent earlier.  Because it is very time-consuming to prepare for a class like this,  payment in advance is required. Your $15 check holds your spot.

It's a fresh new week and it looks like we'll see the sun in between the showers, so that is a happy thing!  Thanks for stopping by today and I'll see you back here tomorrow for another classic card.
Happy Monday!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment