Wednesday, April 4, 2012

More Summer Smooches

Hello stamping friends!  Sorry I didn't "see" you yesterday, but I was off doing my grandmotherly duty, babysitting the adorable Allie.

If you visited on Monday, you heard about the sneak peek products from the upcoming new catalog (out June 1st this year).  This particular group (or "suite" in Stampin'Up! speak) has been named "Summer Smooches" for some reason that I can't quite fathom.  Perhaps it's because they look like they've been kissed by the sun???  I'm not sure why they gave these products such a strange name, but that doesn't change the fact that they are very pretty indeed.  Clear, strong, and warm, these colors  remind me of a summer day at the beach with brightly colored kites soaring in the breeze against an impossibly blue sky.  Aaahh... doesn't that sound good?  Imagine that warm sand as you wiggle your toes! 

OK, now that I have you in the mood for something bright and sunny, here is today's card---



I made this card for a demonstrator meeting I'm attending tonight, where we'll be swapping cards with a summery theme, using the new Summer Smooches products.  Let me give you a quick run-down of what I used.

Stamps:
Bright Blossoms*
A Word for You (for the sentiment)
Ink: 
Island Indigo stamp pad
Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight, and Old Olive markers.
Paper: 
Summer Smooches Designer Paper*
Island Indigo card stock
Daffodil Delight card stock
Whisper White card stock
Accessories:
Scallop Circle #2 Die for the Big Shot
Perfect Polka Dots embosssing folder for the Big Shot
2 3/8 inch Scallop Circle Punch
1 3/4 inch Circle Punch
Daffodil Delight Seam Binding*
Dimensionals
(* these are available April 1st through 30th only, then will reappear in June in the new catalog)
If you'd like to bring some sunny warmth into your life, you can order these pretty products now through the end of April.  I've sent you a flyer with all of the products pictured, along with their item numbers and prices.  If you need me to re-send it to you, please let me know. 

I'd like to say that I'll be back tomorrow with another classic card for you, but that is not the case.  The Seattle branch of the family is coming for Easter, so the house will be filled with the pitter-patter of little (and not-so-little) feet.  It has been a long time since they last visited, so we are excited to see them.  May you have a wonderful Easter celebration as well!  Don't forget to come back on Monday, when I will have some more new classic cards for you!
Happy Stamping and Happy Easter!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment