Monday, April 23, 2012

Sunny Monday!!!!

Hello Stampers!
Isn't it a welcome change to be starting off the work week with a sunny Monday?  I can't count the number of Mondays that I looked out my stamp room window and what greeted me was a cold, wet, wind-whipped scene.  This morning, through my open window I see blue sky, green leaves, a tree covered in pink blossoms, some gorgeous red tulips, and sunshine!  All I can say is hallelujah!

I've got a friend coming over today to do work on this blog.  There are some things that need changing, so I just wanted to warn you that The Classic Card will be "under construction" in the next couple of days and I may not be posting.  So if I don't show up here tomorrow morning... no worries! I'll be back soon!

I think we all know that this glorious weather is not the start of our famed Northwest summer, but just a short break to keep us sane until summer arrives.  So today, in honor of our sunny weather, I've got a summery card for you.  Check it out...



If you haven't done so already, maybe it's time to eat an ice cream cone before the sun hides his face again.  I love sitting on the porch in the evening just watching the world go by and what could improve that experience more than a yummy ice cream cone?    I received this fun card as a swap at a demonstrator meeting I attended recently.  This cute card was made by the very talented Linda Sullivan.  Let me give you a quick list of the products Linda used to create her summery card.

Stamps:
Create a Cupcake (for the sprinkles on the cupcake)

Ink: 
Early Espresso

Paper: 
Calypso Coral
Wisteria Wonder
Whisper White
Early Espresso
Pink Pirouette (for the ice cream)
Crumb Cake (for the cone)
Berry Blossoms Designer Paper

Accessories: 
Wisteria Wonder ruffled ribbon
Stripes Embossing Folder for the Big Shot
Square Lattice Embossing Folder for the Big Shot
Cupcake Builder Punch
Dimensionals

I know you have plenty of things on your "to-do" list for today, but I'd like to add a couple of things to it... #1  Get out in the sunshine... even if just for a few minutes
           #2  Stamp something pretty and send it off
           #3  Eat some ice cream
          
Happy Monday everyone!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment