Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Blues....

Hello Stampers!

Wow... I think this is the latest I've ever posted, but I have a really good excuse! John gashed his hand at the YMCA this morning and we spent the afternoon at Urgent Care, getting it patched up. No worries... he'll be fine since he got a tetanus shot and some antibiotics.  I'm determined to write a post today, so despite the late hour, here is Monday's installment of The Classic Card.  No, in case you were wondering, I don't have the Monday Blues... that title refers to the card I have to show you!  As a side note, we are momentarily experiencing a burst of sunshine here in Sherwood--- what a treat to have a break in the gray, low-hanging clouds and see the blue, blue sky above!  Sometimes it is hard to remember that above all the gray, there is blue sky and abundant sunshine. 

I mentioned earlier that the cards I'll be showing for the next couple of weeks will be featuring retiring stamp sets.  The card today is a bit of an exception, in that it shows off some fabulous designer paper that is retiring called Paisley Petals.  You can see this gorgeous paper on page 184 of the big catalog. The last time I checked, it was still available, but don't wait because it won't be around for long.
Here is the card...



You could probably make this beautiful card in less than 10 minutes, since there is minimal stamping.  Let me list the supplies I used to put this card together.

Stamps:  Four Frames (not retiring!)
               Teeny Tiny Wishes  (not retiring! )

Ink:  Baja Breeze
         Not Quite Navy
      

Paper:  Whisper White
              Baja Breeze
              Not Quite Navy
              Paisley Petals Designer Paper  (only available while supplies last)

Accessories:
              Framed Tulips embossing folder for the Big Shot
              Decorative Label Punch
              Baja Breeze Seam Binding

So stampers, get out some pretty blue paper, some pretty shades of blue ink, and stamp something that reminds you of blue skies, because I'm afraid that's the only way you're going to see blue for the next week or so!  I don't know about you, but I'm so thankful to be able to turn on the lights, pull out my stamps, and create my own sunshine.  Hope your Monday was a good one!
Susan
I'll be off babysitting on Tuesday, but be sure to come back on Wednesday for another classic card.
Thanks for stopping in today!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment