Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Favorite Trio...

Hello stamping friends!
Welcome to Tuesday and another post at The Classic Card.  I'm running off to the dentist this morning for my check-up, but before I go I'm going to post something to inspire you.  This is another card that I received at a recent swap with my fellow demonstrators and I love it because it features my three favorite colors... red, yellow, and green.  If you haven't already noticed, every room in my house has one or more of these colors in it.  I was trying to capture the feeling of a sunny day and although that is hard to do here in the Northwest, I much prefer these bright and warm colors to the grays, blues, and browns that many others seem to use in their homes.  I know those colors are more neutral and perhaps they are safer choices, but since I live here, I'm going for what I like--- which is warm and sunny!

This clean and simple card was stamped by Lynn Baskin.  In addition to the colors she used, I love the square format.  You know me... I'm not a huge fan of the rectangular card that has the fold on the left and I'm always on the lookout for a different shape or fold.  Check out Lynn's great card:


Here's a very quick list of what Lynn used to create this summery card:

Stamps:
Bright Blossoms*
Ink: 
Real Red, Old Olive, and Daffodil Delight markers
Paper:
Whisper White
Daffodil Delight
Real Red
Old Olive
Summer Smooches Designer Paper*
Accessories:
Stripes embossing folder for the Big Shot
Old Olive grosgrain ribbon
Postage Stamp Punch
* Sneak Peek items in the Summer Smooches product suite, available until April 30th

You might be wondering, does Stampin'Up! have a small square punch that fits inside the Postage Stamp shape?   I checked the "big" catalog and didn't find one, so unless one is lurking inside a mini-catalog somewhere, I would have to say no.  Perhaps we'll get one when the new catalog comes out  June 1st.  Speaking of June 1st and the new catalog... have you booked your June or July party yet?
Those are two of the best months to host, as everyone is excited to get the newest stamps and accessories... not to mention the new In-Colors. 

Well, I've definitely got to run... don't want to be late for my appointment!  Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll come back tomorrow for another classic card!
Have a great Tuesday!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment