Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A sad farewell to many old friends...

Hello Stampers and Welcome to Wednesday!

For the next few weeks, I'll be focusing on saying a proper farewell to lots of my favorite stamp sets which are now leaving forever.  I've had many of these sets in my stamp collection for several years and I'm sorry to say that some of them haven't seen the light of day for a while.  The new stamps come out and I get all excited about them and forget some of my old buddies which are languishing in my cupboards.  Do you do that too? 

Before I get to today's card, let me remind you that I just sent out the Retired Accessories List in an email.  You will notice that it is LONG... 12 pages to be exact!  At the beginning of the list are two and a half pages of discounted items, so definitely check those out!  If you are needing In-Color refills for the retiring In-Colors (Blushing Bride, Concord Crush, Pear Pizzazz, Poppy Parade, or Peach Parfait), get those right away.  I just placed an order and unfortunately, the Peach Parfait refills are already gone! 

OK... now to the card



Remember this set, Awash with Flowers?  I still love this set and it is one that I'm really sorry is retiring.  I love the whimsical flowers.  No, they aren't very realistic, but that is what makes them charming!   You can find this set on page 110 of the big catalog. 

This bright card was made by one of my downline members, Janet Jones. Whenever we swap cards, I always love Janet's, possibly because Janet and I see eye-to-eye on card design.  We're both big fans of the clean and simple style of stamping, but that doesn't mean our cards are boring---far from it!  Here's a quick list of what Janet used to create this summery card:

Stamps: 
Awash With Flowers  (retiring)
Friendly Phrases
Ink:
Melon Mambo
Tangerine Tango
Chocolate Chip
Pear Pizzazz (for sponging around the sentiment)
Pear Pizzazz Marker (for coloring the stems and leaves)
Paper:
Poppy Parade (retiring)
Pear Pizzazz (retiring)
Very Vanilla
Accessories:
Pear Pizzazz Poly Stitched Ribbon (retiring)
Scallop Oval Punch
Elegant Lines Embossing Folder for the Big Shot
Dimensionals

I'm off to Curves for the Wednesday Workout!  After that I'm going to be busily preparing for my big Stamp-a-Stack coming up this Saturday.  The morning session is full, but I still have 4 openings in the afternoon session from 1-4pm.  Why not get a group of friends together, go out for lunch, and then afterwards come over to my house and stamp away the afternoon.  You'll make 8 cards (with envelopes) for only $15 and I'm giving away door prizes AND a stamp set at each session.  Email me to save your spot(s). 
Thanks for stopping in today!  Please come back on Friday for another classic card.
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment