Monday, October 3, 2016

Sweet Friends

Hello stampers! 

We are starting a brand new month off right in Woodland, as yesterday (Sunday) was in the 70's and the sky even had a few clouds... something we haven't seen much of since we arrived here on August 3rd.  Today's forecast calls for rain, but I'll believe it when I see it!  It's definitely starting to feel like fall and that's a happy thing indeed.  I'm hoping by the time next summer rolls around, we'll be better acclimated to the heat.

I finally sat down in my stamp room yesterday evening and actually created a card!  It's not the best card I've ever made, but I'm just happy I remembered how to stamp.... just kidding!
Here's the card I came up with...





I used my Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set for the first time, along with its matching punch.  I stamped the little gingerbread men in Soft Suede, then quickly punched them out.  I added pearls for their eyes and buttons, then popped them up on dimensionals.
The Designer paper I used is called Candy Cane Lane.  My favorite part of this card is the sentiment.  It says "wishing you a season as sweet and joyful as the friendship we share."  What a great wish to send to a sweet friend!  The card base is Whisper White, topped with an Early Espresso panel, then a Real Red panel.  With the candy canes, peppermints, gumdrops, and cookies on the DSP, this card is almost good enough to eat!

Don't forget that all of the 11.00 Designer Papers are buy 3, get one free for the entire month of October.  This includes the Designer Paper in the big catalog as well as the paper in the holiday catalog.
Paper stacks and specialty papers are not included in this offer.

Thank you for checking in with me today and thanks for reading!
I wish all of you a happy week ahead, with plenty of time to stamp and be creative!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment