Friday, October 21, 2016

Yippie! I have a card for you today!

Hi there stampers!

Once again, we've made it to Friday and the weekend is just ahead! 
Yay for Fridays!

I haven't checked to see what the weather was in Portland yesterday, but here we enjoyed a gorgeous fall day with blue skies and temps in the high 70's.  It was just perfect.... not too hot, not too cold.  Hope all my Northwest friends are having a few "blue sky" days as well!

How do you feel about Halloween?  Are you an adult who despises this holiday?  Or do you love dressing up and eating candy?  I'm one of those adults who doesn't have a strong feeling either way.  I do remember how much fun it was when I was a child.  The excitement was almost equal to that of Christmas.  So for that reason, I try to get into the spirit of Halloween... no pun intended.  To me, it's a fun minor holiday for children.  I hope they have as much fun as I did dressing up and going Trick or Treating around the neighborhood.  It doesn't have to be about evil, ghosts, goblins, spiders, skeletons, or other scary things.  Let' just let the kiddos have some fun and maybe eat a little too much candy.

Here's a cute and non-scary Halloween card for you.  I'll be sending a card something like this to my grandchildren in Seattle.  I will miss seeing them in their costumes this year.




Isn't the little scarecrow cute?  I started out with a half sheet of Whisper White card stock, folded into a card.  The next layer is a panel of Crumb Cake that measures 5 1/4 by 4 inches.  I embossed it with the Brick Wall embossing folder and stamped the sentiment (from Teeny Tiny Wishes) in Archival Black ink.  The Polka Dotted layers are from the Brights DSP stack... Tangerine Tango and Rich Razzleberry.  The Rich Razzleberry strip is 2 by 5 inches and the Tangerine Tango strip is 1 1/2 by 5 inches.  I wrapped a piece of Delightful Dijon ribbon (page 47 of the Holiday catalog) around the polka dotted panels before gluing them to the Crumb Cake panel.  I stamped the scarecrow from the stamp set Cookie Cutter Halloween (page 53 of the holiday catalog) in Archival Black ink on Delightful Dijon card stock, then colored in parts of the image with some Tangerine Tango ink and a blender pen.  I used the 2 1/2 inch Circle Punch to punch him out, then layered him on top of a Whisper White circle that I cut with one of the Layering Circle Framelit Dies on page 193 of the annual catalog.  I tied a tiny bow with two strands of Linen Thread and added it to the scarecrow with a mini glue dot.

I don't see how anyone... even the most ardent Halloween Hater... could object to this card.  If you are sending it to a grandchild or other youngster who's far away, don't forget to add a few dollars for a treat, such as frozen yogurt, an ice cream cone, or a Top Pot donut, the favorite of my Seattle grands.

Hope you all have something fun planned for the weekend!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment