Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Wednesday Inspiration

Hello everyone!  Hope your Wednesday is off to a great start!  If it isn't going so well, you can console yourself with the thought that, after today, there are only 2 more days until the weekend.

I've got great news to share!  My stamp room is 99% complete!  I will share some pictures of my new stamping space on Friday so you can see where I'll be stamping from now on.  For today I've got a cute card to show you... another one from Janet Jones, one of my downline members who really knows how to put together a great card!



I wasn't planning on purchasing this set (Basket of Wishes, page 49 of the holiday catalog), but after seeing lots of pretty cards on the internet and then receiving this one from Janet, I've added it to my list.  It's a bit difficult to see, but Janet used the new Sparkle embossing folder on the Crumb Cake panel.  It's one of the new embossing folders in the annual catalog (page 195). The berry basket image is stamped on watercolor paper, then colored with ink and an aqua painter, or perhaps she used a blender pen.  Either one would work just great! The cute sentiment is also in the Basket of Wishes set.  I just love it when a stamp set has both images and sentiments that coordinate.  It makes creating a card so much easier!

The polka dotted Real Red DSP is from the Brights DSP paper stack (bottom of page 174 in the annual catalog).  And there's that great new 5/8 " Burlap ribbon (bottom of page 178) that I've been using a lot.  

Thanks, Janet, for sending me this clean and simple, but "berry cute" card.  I can't wait to get my own set and have fun water coloring!

Thank you for coming to The Classic Card today!  I'll have another classic card for you on Friday, so please come back then.

Hugs and happiness,
Susan





No comments:

Post a Comment