Friday, October 7, 2016

Super Simple

Hey there stampin' peeps!  Are you excited that Friday is finally here?

I hate to admit to being so old, but most of my friends are retired, so they don't give a hoot about what day it is!  Every day is a Friday when you're retired! 

As promised, I have some photos of the stamp room.  Of course one of them turned out horribly blurry, and now it's so late in the evening that I'm just going to go ahead and show it to you anyway.  I'll post a few more pictures later, but really, you're not missing out on much because this room is really nothing fabulous. Don't get me wrong, though.  I'm very thankful to have a stamping space at all!  Countertop material from IKEA spans one wall and that holds my computer on one end and my stamping space on the other.  I'm so grateful to my daughter Katie for installing this for me.  I'm amazed at all the things she can do






Then on one of the other walls I have my file cabinet where I store all of my card stock.



To the right of the closed door (you can just see the doorknob) is the island that holds my paper cutter.

Here's the main storage unit for my stamps (so sorry it turned out blurry, but you'll get the idea). 



The one area I haven't shown you is the walk-in closet that is PACKED with cards, envelopes, card stock, and all sorts of stampin' stuff.  I may show it to you later, but a warning is in order.... it's not pretty in there!  Organized? Yes! But pretty?  No!

OK... enough about the stamp room and on to today's card...




I was looking through my 6 x 6 paper stacks, searching for inspiration and I ran across the Serene Scenery DSP Stack ( page 174 of the annual catalog).  I realized that I hadn't even opened the package.  When I did, I was wowed by the beautiful scenic papers in this collection.  I especially love the design I'm showing you today.  It's a soft, blurry scene that I interpreted to be the ocean and a sandy beach.  I stamped a simple sentiment from the Bunch of Blossom stamp set  (page 69 of the annual catalog) in Early Espresso.  I added a mat of Soft Sky behind the ocean scene, then adhered it to a panel of Crumb Cake that I embossed with the Gently Falling embossing folder and wrapped with some of the 5/8 inch burlap ribbon.    The tiny dots on the Crumb Cake panel reinforce the feeling of a sandy beach, while the burlap ribbon adds more texture.  With the addition of a "happy birthday" sentiment on the inside of the card, this would be a perfect birthday card for a guy or even for a beach-loving girlfriend. 

Well, my friends, it's pretty late and I need to head off to bed right after I schedule this to post at 6 am on Friday morning.  Hope your Friday is fun and your weekend is delightful!

Hugs and happiness!
Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment