Friday, September 30, 2016

Goodbye September!

Hello stampers!  Happy Friday and farewell to September.  I can't believe that September passed so quickly.

I'm excited to report that I'm almost well.  I still have an occasional coughing spell, but they are becoming few and far between.  I have been coughing since Sept. 8th, so this is a big deal! Thanks to all of you who sent healing thoughts my way.

Thanks to our daughter and son-in-law, the house is coming along.  The countertop in my stamping room is done, the ironing board has been installed in the laundry room, and some of the pictures have been hung.  We still have quite a bit of work to do, though.

Since they have helped us so much, now it's our turn to help them.  So this afternoon, the "clean team" will descend on their house where we'll vacuum, scrub bathrooms, and just generally spiff up the place.  It's the least we can do after all they've done for us.
John may even mow the lawn!

Well, enough about us.  How are you doing these days?  Hope all is going well in your corner of the world!  Send me a quick note when you get a chance.  I'd love to hear from you!

Oh, you say you want to see a card? OK, I guess I could show you one.  I still haven't really jumped back into stamping, but I do have a card I can show you that some of my customers in Portland will be making at Anita's party on Sunday. 


,
I used the Christmas Pines stamp set and the coordinating Pretty Pines Thinlit dies in the new holiday catalog.  The card base is Whisper White, then I added a layer of Cherry Cobbler and topped that with a Whisper White panel.  I stamped the pine branches with
Old Olive, Soft Sky and Garden Green.  I cut three different sizes of pine boughs from Old Olive and Garden Green card stock and added them on top of the stamped branches.  I cut one pinecone from Soft Suede card stock and added it with a dimensional.  The ribbon is Cherry Cobbler and is on page 20 of the holiday catalog.  I tied it into a knot and adhered it over the pinecone with a glue dot.  The sentiment is stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink.

  Don't forget... Saturday October 1st is World Card-Making Day.  Stampin'Up! has a selection of card-making basics on sale from October 1st to 5th in honor of this world-wide celebration.  They are also having their annual DSP promotion the entire month of October.... buy 3 packages of DSP (the 11.00 kind) and get the 4th one free.  This includes the DSP in both the annual and holiday catalogs.

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

  

No comments:

Post a Comment