Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Feeling thankful....

Hi there, stampers!  It's Wednesday already and time to write another post.  I hope some of my Oregon customers and friends are reading this!   We had another sunny day yesterday... not too hot, not too cold.  Fall here in Woodland is really just about perfect! We are definitely feeling thankful for the cooler weather.

Speaking of being thankful, have you started to make a few Thanksgiving cards yet?  I don't send out many Thanksgiving cards, but it is nice to remember friends and relatives that you won't be gathering with on that special day.  I thought I didn't need the Basket of Wishes stamp set ( page 49 of the holiday catalog), but when I started seeing the great Thanksgiving cards that can be made with this set, not to mention the fun birthday cards and thinking-of-you cards, I decided it was something I needed to add to my collection.  Here's the first card I made with that set...



This card has a LOT of layers... 5 to be exact.  I started with a Crumb Cake card base, then added an Early Espresso panel, then a Delightful Dijon panel, topped with a square of Early Espresso and then a smaller square panel of water color paper.  I stamped in the new Archival Black ink, allowed it to dry for a couple of minutes, then water colored the basket and fall produce with my aqua painter and these stamp pads:  Soft Suede for the basket, Old Olive for the bands on the basket, and then Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, and Delightful Dijon for the pumpkins and gourds.  I embossed the Delightful Dijon panel with the Petal Burst embossing folder (p. 195 of the annual catalog).  I know the shapes are supposed to be petals, but they also look like leaves, which I thought would be perfect for a fall card. I used three strands of Linen Thread, and treated them as if they were one strand, tied into a small bow which I attached with a glue dot.  The 5/8 inch burlap ribbon adds a fall-ish touch as well.  The inside greeting is just a simple  "Happy Thanksgiving" from Teeny Tiny Wishes, page 90 pf the annual catalog. 

I found it very relaxing to color the basket/fruit image and it didn't take long at all.  I just squeezed the stamp pads to transfer a bit of color to the lid, then opened the stamp pad and used the little pool of color on the inside of the lid. 

Hope the week is moving along smoothly for you!  Thanks for reading and please come back on Friday for another classic card.

Hugs and happiness,
Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment