Monday, October 17, 2016

Stormy Weather

Happy Monday, girlfriends!

I trust that you all stayed cozy and dry whilst the storm raged outside!  I hope you had some hot cocoa or tea or, because it's the Northwest... some strong hot coffee!  Can you believe that we actually got some rain too?  Not nearly the amount that fell in the Portland area, but it was still very welcome!

Now that it is Pumpkin Spice Everything Season, I was pining away for some sugar-free pumpkin spice coffee creamer, but I've never been able to find any.  So I decided to make my own.  I used fat-free half and half (or if you'd like it to be really yummy, use regular half and half).  I added a tiny bit of agave syrup and some Truvia (stevia), and then added pumpkin pie spice to taste.  I whisked it all together and voila!  It was heavenly in my coffee this morning.  Are you a pumpkin-spice kind of girl?  Sorry if this is turning you green around the gills, Jody Maki!  I know how you hate anything pumpkin-y.

Have you noticed that the Christmas season is sneaking up on us?  Slowly and quietly, while we aren't paying attention, it is getting closer and closer.  Soon it will pounce on us and we'll be caught unprepared, unless we start preparing soon.  Maybe sooner than "soon."  Maybe today????

Here's a very clean and classic card that you could start making right away. 



Note: the green paper is not part of the card... I just used it as a background.
I started with a half sheet of Very Vanilla card stock, cut lengthwise at 4 1/4 inches, scored at 5 1/2.  The second layer is Cherry Cobbler, measuring 5 1/4 by 4 inches.  Then the striped layer, from the This Christmas DSP collection (page 172 of the annual catalog) measures 5 by 3 3/4 inches.  The stamped panel is 4 by 2 3/4 inches, backed with a Cherry Cobbler panel that measures 4 1/4 by 3 inches. 

The large greeting is from the Wonderful Year stamp set at the top of page 28 in the holiday catalog.  There are two great greetings in this set, each with its own coordinating greeting for the inside of the card.  The sentiment inside this cards says "May your Christmas be merry and bright."

This is just about as simple as card-making gets.  If you wanted you could add some Cherry Cobbler ribbon, but I honestly think it looks great without any embellishing.  The  fancy font of the greeting adds enough interest to the card, making further embellishment unnecessary.  Of course, if you are a lover of glitter, you could always add some! 

May the week ahead be kind to you.  May the days go by smoothly and uneventfully.  May you enjoy some laughter with friends and may you be grateful and happy!

Hugs to all,
Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment