Friday, May 13, 2016

Cute "Carryovers" in the new catalog...

Hello Stampers and a happy sunny Friday to all!

The new catalog is chock-full of wonderful new stamps and accessories that you are going to love, love, love!  But the good news is that there are lots of stamp sets that carried over from the 2015-2016 catalog too.  So today I wanted to show you a very cute card that I saw at the recent demo event in Vancouver.  This fun birthday card features the penguin from the Snow Place stamp set that was in the holiday catalog, along with the Balloon Builders set that's on page 14 of the Occasions catalog.  I apologize for not knowing who made this card.  I should have noted the name of the creator, but I was snapping photos quickly and didn't take the time. 
But one thing is for sure, I didn't make this adorable card! 

I don't think there's any rule against using a penguin on a birthday card, do you?  He's a pretty cute little guy and I don't know many people who hate penguins, so I think we're safe!  Check this out...




This card would be equally adorable with pink or blue balloons and could be used as a baby card.  Or, you could use bright primary colors for a young child's birthday.  You could add a bow on the penguin's head for a girl penguin, or a bow tie for a boy penguin.  
Why not get out your Snow Place set from last Christmas and make a few birthday cards like this?  It's great to have some all-purpose cards ready to go at a moment's notice.

Enjoy the weekend that is just ahead!  I hope you'll make time to be creative with your stamps, ink, and paper!
Hugs and happiness!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment