Monday, May 9, 2016

A change of pace for Monday

Hello stamping friends!

I hope all the moms out there enjoyed a relaxing Mother's Day!  I sure did!  I slept in for once, read a book for a couple of hours, and went out for dinner.  Oh, and we had an open house from 1-3 pm with lots of traffic.  I'm pretty sure that most of the folks who came were just curious to see the inside of the house, but that's OK.  Maybe they'll tell a friend who's house-hunting.  

Instead of continuing to show you the cards we made at my sympathy card class, I thought I'd show you a card from the Hive Happening (group meeting) I went to in Vancouver on Saturday.  My upline is Barbara Zick Brimhall (initials BZB) so her group is known as the BZB Stampers and we have a bee theme to our gatherings, which are known as Hive Happenings.  I know, it's kind of silly, but fun too!  

I made a presentation on holding a One-Sheet Wonder class and there were other demonstrators presenting other ideas.  Of course there were some nice display boards as well.  So this week I'll be showing you some of my favorite cards from the displays.  




Isn't this a great card??  I regret that I didn't write down the demonstrator's name, but I love how she blended the background colors, then stamped, colored, and cut out the sea turtles.  They are popped up on dimensionals.  The stamp set she used is From Land to Sea (page 83 of the annual catalog).  The seaweed that is waving around at the bottom is actually the tentacles of the jellyfish in this set.  She just stamped them upside down in Versamark, then embossed them in white powder.  So clever!  I'm not sure where the sentiment came from... sorry about that! You'll be happy to know that this stamp set will carry over into the new catalog.  

Hope your week is off to a great start!  After today, the weather will be warming up again, so we should be enjoying some sunshine!  I've got some cards to show you featuring new stamps from the new catalog, so please come back on Wednesday for more stamping ideas.
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment