Monday, May 16, 2016

Another week begins...

Hello Stampers!

Thanks for checking in with me today!  The month of May is passing by swiftly, just like all the other months and soon (June 1st) the new annual catalog will be going "live!"  You can pick up your FREE catalog at my Stampin'Up! garage sale on Saturday June 4th beginning at 9 am.  Those who hosted a party this past year will receive a special email inviting them to my hostess-only night on June 3rd at 6:30 pm. 

As most of you know by now, John and I and down-sizing and moving back to California, where we started out almost 46 years ago.  John graduated from UC Davis and I graduated from Sacramento State.  We met in Sacramento at our first post-college job.  We are moving back to the Sacramento area (Woodland, CA, which is about 15 miles west of Sacramento.)  Our daughter Katie, son-in-law Tim, and granddaughters Allie (4) and Lindsay (2) live in Woodland and the house we've picked out is about 3 miles from their house.  As we grow older, we realize that it would be a good idea to live closer to family.  And we certainly need to move to a smaller, more manageable house.  John is looking forward to selling the lawnmower!

It will be very difficult to leave my wonderful customers behind.  I have enjoyed my 15 years of being a  Stampin'Up! demonstrator tremendously, and I will continue to be a demonstrator after the move.  I won't be working as hard as I have been, though, because I'd like to have time for a more relaxed life... reading books, going to movies, and spending time with our granddaughters.

I know you came here hoping for some creative inspiration, so here it is...



Doesn't this cupcake look good enough to eat?  Note how the icing appears to have dimension.  This is a card that was demonstrated at the OnStage event in Salt Lake City.  I missed this particular demonstration because my flight was delayed, delayed, and delayed again.  I've heard that the technique involved mixing some ink with cornstarch, but I'm not sure of the exact formula.  Once I'm able to get the directions, I'll be sure to share, because I think it's a fantastic look!  This stamp set is in the new catalog that's almost here.

I hope your week is off to a happy start!  If it isn't starting off so great, remember that stamping makes everything better.
Hugs and happiness,
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment