Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Cards We'd Rather Not Make....

Hey there, stampers!
Thanks for stopping by The Classic Card today.  

Most of the time, card-making is fun.  We get to create little works of art and heart for birthdays, graduations, new babies, weddings, retirements, and all sorts of other happy occasions.  Then holidays like Valentine's Day, Easter, and Christmas come along, providing more reasons to create happy cards.  Every so often, though, we have to make a card to console a grieving friend or relative.  These are the cards that are decidedly not fun to create, and yet we must create them anyway.  

Last Saturday I held a sympathy card class and everyone made 5 sympathy cards.  Hopefully those five cards will last a long time.  The older we get, the more of these cards we need but I'm hoping that no one goes through the five cards too quickly.  

The card I'm showing you today was one of my favorites.  Here it is...



Those pretty roses weren't stamped.  I simply cut a panel of DSP from the Timeless Elegance Designer Series Paper, then applied some color to the black and cream image with a couple of sponge daubers and a Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzazz ink pad.  The sentiment is from the Rose Wonder stamp set on page 18 of the Occasions catalog.  I stamped it first on a scrap of Very Vanilla, then cut it out with the Deco Labels Collection Framelits.  A bit of sponging in black ink helps the sentiment stand out.  Finally a strip of the stitched satin ribbon in black provides a nice spot for the sentiment to land. Since most of the time these cards are sent through the mail, rather than delivered by hand, it's good to have a card without lumps or bumps in the envelope.

I'm making good progress with downsizing and once I've gone through all the cupboards, drawers, closets, and attics, I'm going to start packing dishes that I don't use often.  Don't forget my garage sale this Thursday and Friday, May 5th and 6th.  The start time both days is 9 am.  If you can't attend this one, no worries!  I'm going to have at least one more general garage sale, then the big Stampin'Up! sale on June 4th.

I hope the rest of your week goes by smoothly!  I'll have another sympathy card for you on Friday, so be sure to check back with me then.

Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment