Wednesday, February 24, 2016

What I Love

Hi there!

I'm going to be busy today, getting all my ducks in a row, so to speak, for the upcoming weekend when I've got two stamping events going on. Sale-a-bration is definitely my busiest time of year and it's go, go, go for three months!  Sale-a-bration keeps me so busy that I don't have time to go to the mall, so think of how much money I'm saving!  My big day out is going grocery shopping.  Doesn't sound very exciting, does it?

However, I hope you'll find that my card today is exciting.  It's one of those clean and fresh cards with lots of white space...just the kind of card that's perfect for a fresh early spring day.  I know it's not early spring yet, but my daffodils are poking up and I've seen them blooming in yards and along the freeway, so it must be almost spring.    Here it is, so take a peek...



I wanted to use the very narrow Bermuda Bay 1/8 inch stitched ribbon that's on page 35 of the Occasions catalog, so I decided to repeat the very narrow look with a very narrow mat of Bermuda Bay card stock behind my focal panel and the base panel.  I usually use a mat that is 1/4 inch larger, but this time my mats are only 1/8 inch larger.  The flower/leaf images are from the free Sale-a-bration set called "What I Love."  This is a three-step set and I stamped each layer of the flower in the same color, Calypso Coral. The leaves are Old Olive, which has been my favorite green forever.  After stamping the flower, I cut it out with my paper snips and popped it up on a dimensional.  Then I painted over the whole flower with my Wink of Stella pen to give it a pearly, iridescent sheen.  Sorry you can't see that little detail in this photo.  I think a pearl might look pretty right in the center of the flower, but sometimes you need a card that you can pop in the mail without worrying about a bump, which can tear the envelope and mangle the card inside.  

That's it for today, my friends!  I'd love to stay and chat, but I've got paper to cut. I hope that YOU will be one of the stampers I'll see this weekend!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment