Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Number of Years, Stampin'Up!

Hi there, stampers!
I feel certain that all of you realize how quickly time is passing.  The minutes, hours, days, and years are flying by at a truly alarming speed.  I don't need to mention that just a quick glance in the mirror will reflect what none of us want to see... new wrinkles where there once were none, gray hair that is taking over our heads, and let's not even think about the sags and bags, shall we? 
But let's be grateful we're still here, above ground, going about our busy lives... cooking, cleaning, doing laundry and grocery shopping, gardening, spending time with family and friends, and let's not forget stamping!  In spite of aging, life is good! 
The card I'm going to show you today is made with a new stamp set called "Number of Years" and this great set can help you celebrate the passing years in a memorable way.



The colors I used for my card are Rose Red for the background panel, Old Olive , Rose Red, and Pink Pirouette for the flowers, and Rose Red for the numbers.  I stamped the banner and the word "birthday" in Basic Gray.

You might be wondering why I picked the number 39 for my card. 
I'm cringing as I admit that my first child is turning 39 this summer.  I can well remember the trauma of turning 40, so to think that my baby girl is going to be 39 is almost unbelievable, until I realize how old I'm going to be this summer.  Let's not think about it and just focus on how happy we are to be alive. 

This new stamp set comes with coordinating framelits so you can easily cut out the stamped numbers.  Or, you can use the framelits alone and cut numbers from card stock or designer paper.  Check out this fabulous set on pages 10 and 11 of the Occasions catalog.  It makes great birthday cards for both children and adults as well as anniversary cards.  No more frustration as you try to find a card for a 42nd wedding anniversary or your grandchild's 15th birthday.  It is almost impossible to find those in a store.  Stampin'Up! says that this is the best-selling set in the new Occasions catalog and I can see why. You'll be the queen of personalized cards with this set in your collection!

I'm working on using all of the new stamp sets I've ordered, so please come back on Friday to see another new card!  I hope you'll get out some stamps, ink, and paper and stamp something pretty today!
Happy stamping!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment