Monday, February 8, 2016

Grateful Bunch Stampin'Up!

Who is excited about the sunshine we're enjoying??
Wasn't yesterday just the most beautiful day?  Waking up to sunshine has a way of energizing us, doesn't it?  We accomplished quite a lot yesterday, before Super Bowl 50 came on and our chores ground to a halt...everything from cleaning the garage to planting primroses to blowing off the patio.  We even ate lunch outside and that hasn't happened in a long, long time.  I wish we could say that spring is here, but I'm afraid we've got quite a lot of rainy and cold weather ahead of us before spring arrives.  This break in weather is truly a gift, so let's enjoy it for as long as it lasts!

I've got a card for you today that is like a breath of fresh air... clean and fresh with some pretty pastels.  Take a peek...




This new stamp set is called Grateful Bunch and you can find it on page 22 of the Occasions catalog.  It's got some great sayings and some nice images too, but what I like best about it is that there's a coordinating punch that punches out three flowers at once.  Now that's my kind of punch!  With just two punches I was able to punch out the 6 flowers. 

I stamped the flowers in the new Archival Basic Gray ink (page 28 of the Occasions catalog) on So Saffron and Soft Sky card stock.  Then I quickly punched them out with the Blossom Bunch Punch that coordinates with the Grateful Bunch stamp set.  You can get both the stamps and the punch in a bundle for $33.00.  Once my flowers were punched out, I added them on top of the leafy image with some dimensionals. The little splatters of color were added with the dots from Gorgeous Grunge (page 123 of the annual catalog). What you can't see is the beautiful glittery sheen from the Wink of Stella pen (page 24 of the Occasions catalog).  This pretty iridescent ink flows on so easily and since the Archival Basic Gray ink doesn't bleed, my flowers turned out so sparkly and pretty.  A pearl in the center of each flower adds the perfect finishing touch.

You'll be seeing more of this stamp set, as there are some images that I'm planning to use for a collage-style card...one of my favorite things to stamp.

Whatever you've got planned for today, I hope it includes getting outside to soak up some sun.  You'll get a burst of vitamin D and your body will thank you for it! 
Have a happy day!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment