Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Beautiful Ride Stampin'Up!


The last couple of days sure have been "a beautiful ride," haven't they?  If only the sunshine could continue for a few more days! 
Even though I've got a lot of work to do, I've made getting outside a priority.  Being outside in the sunshine is good for the body and the soul and so I've been taking advantage of the good weather to be outdoors more than usual.  I know the rain is going to return and I'll soon have plenty of opportunity to get my work done.

Here's a card that I thought you might enjoy, especially those of you who ever owned a "Love Bug."  I've never owned a VW, but my sister bought a brand new bright orange one in 1969.  That was just a few years ago, wasn't it?  Here's the card...



I thought about doing this car in bright orange in honor of my sister's VW, but decided it would look too "Halloween-y."  Check out the DSP I used on the card.  I discovered this pattern in the Go Wild DSP stack at the top of page 144 in the annual catalog.  I thought it looked like tire tread, making it perfect for a car card.
I stamped the car in the new Archival Basic Black ink onto watercolor paper.  Then I used a Crushed Curry stamp pad and my aqua-painter to color the car.  I added the dog and colored him with Basic Gray.  The wheels have a Basic Gray candy dot for the center. I used the sentiment "Life is a beautiful ride," but there are lots of other great sayings in this set so you could use it for a birthday, wedding, or a "just because" card for a friend. 

Has your week gone smoothly so far?  I hope so!  But even if it hasn't, today is "hump day" and once it's over, we'll be headed downhill, just coasting toward the weekend.  So hang on, you'll get some rest, relaxation, and free time soon!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan


No comments:

Post a Comment