Monday, February 1, 2016

a birthday card for a dear friend


Hi stampers!

Happy February!  I know that spring is nowhere near, but my thoughts always turn toward spring in February, mostly because I start seeing primroses outside the grocery stores.  Once I see their bright and happy faces, I know that spring is on its way... Yay!

Speaking of primroses.... Al's Garden Center will be having their primroses on sale for 79 cents each, beginning on February 4th.  I went out there this past weekend, thinking that they were already on sale and I was disappointed to learn that the sale doesn't start until Thursday.  I guess you know where I'll be headed first thing on Thursday!

Here's a pretty pastel card that would be just perfect for a dear friend.  And if you've got just a garden variety friend... one who's not "dear," you can leave "dear friend" off the card and it will still be a great birthday card...




This is one of the cards we made at my Great Eight card design class.  This is a clean and simple layout that can be used again and again for all sorts of  cards.  The stamps, designer paper, and embossing folder can all be found on page 9 of the Occasions catalog.  I stamped the sentiment in Mint Macaron, then added tiny flowers and dots in Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake.  What you cannot see well in this photo is the Wink of Stella iridescent glow on the small pink flowers.  This new product can be seen on page 24 of the Occasions catalog. It comes in two colors... "clear" which
gives an iridescent shine to your project and gold, which is a glittery golden color.  I'm pretty sure that you all know how much I hate glitter because it is so messy and ends up everywhere.  But the Wink of Stella pen is another story!  It has the sparkle and shine of glitter without the mess!  I think I'm in LOVE!  And I think you will be too, once you try it.  It goes on like a dream and is so pretty. 

I'm going to be busy this week making new cards with new stamp sets that I haven't used yet, so please come back on both Wednesday and Friday to see what I've been working on.
May the week ahead be a great one!
Happy Stamping, everyone!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment