Friday, February 26, 2016

Cute Chick!

Hello there, stamping friends!  Happy, happy Friday to all!

Wasn't yesterday just a fabulous sunny day?  It would have been a perfect day to drop everything and head to the beach, but I'm a working girl so I spent the day sweeping, swiffering, and mopping the hardwood floors, cleaning bathrooms, and scrubbing sinks.  I hate to admit it, but I get a kick out of cleaning... especially on a sunny day when it's warm enough to open the windows.  Mr. Rodgers, aka "yard boy" was busy weeding the front yard.  The sound of lawnmowers and the smell of freshly-cut grass wafted in my open windows... ah, spring!  

Here's another sure sign that spring is on its way... an Easter card!




Isn't this little chick just the cutest?  And you can have him take up residence in your stamp room for free, when you make a $50 purchase, because he's part of the Honeycomb Happiness stamp set that is a Sale-a-bration freebie.  The lovely Easter greeting is from the Suite Sayings stamp set on page 41 of the Occasions catalog.
I stamped the chick on So Saffron card stock, then carefully cut him out with my paper snips and popped him up on a dimensional after wrapping some backer's twine around his neck.  There's another chick stamped underneath him... see those feet?  I was not about to try cutting out those tiny feet, so I just stamped the chick, colored the feet with my Pumpkin Pie marker, and then added the cut out chick on top.  Easy, peasy!

I hope you've got some fun stuff planned for the weekend.  You know me... I'll be stamping both Saturday and Sunday, but it's Sale-a-bration and that means "there's a whole lotta stampin' goin' on!"
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment