Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Easter Lamb, Stampin'Up!

Hi there!  

This week I'm working to use stamp sets that haven't seen any ink.  I've got quite a few sets that fall into this sad and lonely category. One of  my upcoming hostesses has requested Easter cards for her party, so even though Easter is over a month away, I opened up my Easter Lamb set (page 24 of the Occasions catalog) and made a fresh springy Easter card.  

To make the stamp more versatile, I cut off the "happy Easter" sentiment so I can use the lamb by itself if I want.  Here you go, take a peek...



The card starts with a standard 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 inch white card.  I added a panel of Pink Pirouette that's 5 1/4 by 4 inches.  Next, I stamped the lamb in Archival Basic Gray ink on a 3 by 3 inch panel.  I sponged a little Soft Sky ink for the sky and then some Pear Pizzazz ink for the grass.  I added the stamped panel to the top of the pink panel.  The top layer is a panel of Whisper White that measures 5 by 3 3/4.  I used my 2 1/2 inch circle punch to punch the hole in the top panel.  I used the Softly Falling embossing folder to add texture.  The sentiment is from the Circle of Spring set in the annual catalog.  I used both the 1 1/4 and the 3 3/4 inch circle punches for the sentiment.  Some smooth and pretty Pink Pirouette seam binding completes this pretty pastel card.  That cute lamb will only set you back $10 and he could be used not only for Easter, but he would also make a fun card to welcome a new baby.

I hope your week is perking right along.  After today, you'll be on the downhill side of the week and that's always a happy thing.  Saturday is my big 15th anniversary celebration at my house.  I signed up to be a Stampin'Up! demonstrator on February 20th, 2001 and it has been 15 years of fun and friendship.  There's more stamping inspiration to come, so please stay tuned!
Hugs and happiness!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment