Monday, February 15, 2016

Balloon Celebration, Stampin'Up!

Hello Stampers!  Happy Presidents' Day!

How was your weekend?  I hope you had a chance to relax a bit and maybe have some fun too.
We had quite an exciting weekend around here, with our daughter Amy, husband Eli and the three grandchildren.  We finally opened our Christmas presents. So happy to have that out of the way, as I was tired of seeing those gifts piled up just waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more!

I've got a fun card for you today, made with the very versatile Balloon Celebration stamp set on page 12 of the Occasions catalog.  The minute I saw the great cards made with this set in the catalog, I knew it would be a "keeper" as there's so much you can do with it.

Here's my card...




I chose a very pastel palette of Blushing Bride and So Saffron, but imagine how fun this would be with brighter colors.  I stamped the balloons first with the solid image, then overstamped them with the tiny dots, which give dimension to the balloons. I added the sentiment "celebrate" from the Endless Birthday Wishes set on page 6 of the annual catalog.   Next, I ran the stamped panel through the Big Shot with the Softly Falling embossing folder. Then I punched one balloon out of Blushing Bride card stock with the matching Balloon Bouquet punch, stamped it with the little dots in Blushing Bride and popped it  up on a dimensional.  For the final touch I tied a little knot of Blushing Bride cotton ribbon and added it to the card with a glue dot. I just love how this turned out and hope you like it too!  I'm looking forward to using this set to make more great birthday cards.

I'm still working on using sets that haven't been inked yet, so I'm planning to have something NEW to show you on Wednesday!  See you then!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment