Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wonderland, Stampin'Up!


Hi again, my friends!

I love the card I'm going to show you today and I hope you will too!
The inspiration and layout of this one came from Dawn Olchefske's blog,  dostamping.typepad.com.  I changed several things though.  First I changed the paper color from Soft Sky to Mossy Meadow.  Then instead of the center panel being just the snowflake vellum, I stamped over the vellum with the trees from the Wonderland stamp set in Jet Black Staz-on ink. Oh, and her card used silver and I decided to go with gold for the vellum, snowflakes, and cording. Here... take a peek



The metallic printed vellum can be seen on page 23 of the holiday catalog.  The sentiment is from the fabulous Six Sayings hostess set that you can "buy" with only 11 hostess dollars.  Of course I couldn't resist using the Softly Falling embossing folder.  I stamped the sentiment first, then sent the panel through the Big Shot.  The dots are small enough that the sentiment doesn't look at all distorted.  

I wish we had some nice fir trees like these, instead of the monstrous red maples that are continuing to drop their leaves.
Today my yard guy (aka Mister Rodgers) took 10 bags of those pretty red leaves over to Grimm's to recycle them.  Of course by tomorrow the leaves will be covering the driveway and lawn once again!  Oh, the glories of fall!  

Are you ready for Halloween?  Got a big stash of candy ready to hand out?  We're excited because our Seattle grandchildren will be here this year.  It will be so fun for them to ring our doorbell and call out "Trick or Treat!"  This is a first for us and we're looking forward to it!  

Please come back on Friday for more stamping inspiration!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment