Friday, October 16, 2015

Dove of Peace, Stampin'Up!

Hallelujah!  It's Friday... every working person's favorite day of the week, and it's my favorite too, as I love knowing that the weekend is just ahead.  For me, that means stamping with some of the nicest people ever, my customers!

This Saturday at one o'clock, Donna is hosting a stamping party at my house.  Would you like to join us?  You are more than welcome!  Just send me a quick email (sjrstamps@gmail.com) and I'll add your name to the list.

I guess I've had the "Christmas Blues" this week, since every card I've shown you was in shades of blue.  I wouldn't want to deviate from that now, so here's another Christmas card in blues.  



There's no doubt about it;  this card falls into the religious category.
We made this pretty card at Charlotte's party last Sunday.  Since her maiden name is Dove, I thought a dove card would be fun to make.  The colors here are Lost Lagoon (the darker blue) and Pool Party, with Whisper White, of course.  We stamped the dove from the Dove of Peace stamp set (page 20 of the holiday catalog) in Lost Lagoon ink on a Whisper White square panel, then adhered it to a larger panel of Pool Party.  Next some of the new glitter ribbon in white was wrapped around the Lost Lagoon panel.  The sentiment, from Reason for the Season (on page 31 of the holiday catalog) was stamped on a scrap in Lost Lagoon ink and then punched out with the Extra Large Oval punch, then added to a base of Pool Party that was punched with the Decorative Label punch.
Some rhinestones sprinkled around add more festive sparkle.  

I don't have a theme in mind for next week, so please come back on Monday and see what's new on The Classic Card.  May your weekend be a refreshing change of routine that leaves you feeling energized for the week ahead!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan










No comments:

Post a Comment