Friday, October 30, 2015

Reason for the Season, Stampin'Up!

Whoop de doo!  It's Friday!

Tonight our Seattle family will arrive and we'll be celebrating our son-in-law Eli's birthday.  As much as I love stamping, I'm excited to spend a weekend enjoying family time instead of stamping time.  Every once in a while, a change of pace is a welcome thing, isn't it?  
Before I head off to do some last-minute chores, I want to share a pretty card with you, using the Reason for the Season stamp set on page 31 of the holiday catalog.  




I'm sure none of you are surprised that I used the combination of Cherry Cobbler and Mossy Meadow.  These are my favorite red/green colors for Christmas cards.  They are so much richer than Real Red and Garden Green, although that combination works too.
The poinsettia is a two-step stamp and I'm happy to say that there's a little arrow shape on the flower and leaf stamp to aid in lining them up correctly.   Since there are  no framelits that coordinate with this set, I cut the poinsettia out by hand.  It wasn't at all difficult. I added it to the card with a couple of dimensionals to give the flower a little more emphasis.  The sentiment is stamped in Cherry Cobbler on Whisper White card stock.  I used the Lots of Labels Framelits ( page 173 of the annual catalog) to cut it out, then one size larger framelit for the Mossy Meadow mat.  
It's kind of difficult to see, but the Cherry Cobbler panel is embossed, using the Boughs and Berries embossing folder (page 30 of the holiday catalog).

Well, my friends, that's it for today.  I'm going to hang up my Stampin'Up! apron for the weekend and put on my "domestic goddess" apron and cook up a special dinner.  Never fear!  I'll be back on Monday wearing my stampin' hat and sharing more ideas with you!   Have a great weekend and be kind to the little ghosties and goblins tomorrow night!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment