Friday, October 9, 2015

Jingle all the Way, Stampin'Up!


Happy Friday to one and all!

I'm happy to say I survived another eye-surgery and I'm cataract-free!  Now I'm just trying to follow Dr.'s orders and not lift anything heavy.  Yesterday a monstrous order came in and instead of carrying the box, I unloaded it a few items at a time.  Then my kitchen looked like a mini-version of the Stampin'Up! warehouse, with stamps, paper, and accessories spread out all over.  But I got it all bagged up and that was a big accomplishment!  Thanks for being such great customers and placing orders with me!  I appreciate you!

Sorry for rambling on... I know you came here to see a card, so here's my card for Friday, Oct. 9th.



This quick and easy card was one that we made at my first Countdown to Christmas class last weekend.  The base of the card is Cherry Cobbler card stock.  The designer paper is from a collection in the annual catalog called Everyday Chic.  It's a great set of paper... various small prints all in black and white, so it's super versatile.  The sleigh and horse were cut from Whisper White card stock using the Sleigh Ride Edgelit Dies (page 12 of the Holiday catalog).  The sentiment, stamped in Cherry Cobbler, is from the coordinating set, Jingle All the Way, also on page 12. 

  I punched some stars from Dazzling Diamonds Glitter paper (page 149 of the annual catalog) using the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack (page 166 of the annual catalog).  As a finishing touch, I wrapped some Silver Cording Trim (top of page 24 in the Holiday catalog) around the bottom of the card.  As always, it looks much better when you see it in person.  My camera is not great and my photographic skills are minimal at best, but I think you get the idea.

Got something fun planned for the weekend that is just ahead?  Whatever you're doing, why not try to squeeze in a little time just for you?  Lounge on the couch, read, take a nap, or why not schedule a little creative time and do some stamping?  I always find that being creative is a real mood-booster and stress-reliever.  So go ahead and stamp... it's good for you!

See you on Monday for another Classic Card!
Hugs and happiness,
Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment