Monday, October 19, 2015

Joyful Season, Stampin'Up!

Hey there stampers!
Before I get started on Monday's post, I wanted to let you know about the Stamp Sale that starts TODAY!  From Oct. 19-23 you'll get 15% off all stamp sets. Of course it does not include bundled items (stamp set bundled with a punch or framelit) as those have already been discounted. Now's the time to get those sets that you've been wanting in the Holiday catalog.  You can order online or you can give me a call and I'll add your order to a group order I'll be placing on Friday.  Remember, if you opt to add to my group order to save the 6.95 minimum shipping charge, you'll need to pick your order up at my house.

OK, with that little detail out of the way, let's move on to Monday's card!  Here it is...



This card is made with the beautiful Season of Cheer stamp set that's on page 29 of the Holiday catalog.  It is difficult to see in  the photo, but I used the snowflakes from Snow Place ( page 33 of the Holiday catalog)  and stamped them in Soft Sky to create a very subtle background for the cardinal, which is stamped in Cherry Cobbler.  I stamped the branch in Early Espresso, then filled in the little berries with my Cherry Cobbler marker.  I inked just the "joy" part of the word "joyful," stamped it in Cherry Cobbler, and punched it out with the 1 3/4 inch circle punch.  I added it to a 2 inch punched circle of Early Espresso card stock .  I embossed the Cherry Cobbler panel with the Decorative Dots embossing folder, then wrapped it with some Cherry Cobbler Baker's twine on top of some Early Espresso Cotton ribbon.  You know how I love sponging, so I'm sure you weren't surprised to notice that I sponged around the entire bird panel, and the sentiment  as well.      

Time to button this up and tackle my "to-do" list!  Hope your weekend was relaxing and may the week ahead be a good one!  Don't forget to order yourself a little gift (you deserve a new stamp set, especially at 15% off),
Hugs and happiness,
Susan                                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment