Monday, October 12, 2015

Winter Wishes, Stampin'Up

Howdy stampers!  
Thanks for remembering to come back and see me after your relaxing weekend!  It was a little stormy on Saturday, wasn't it?  Sometimes I don't know how that clump of birch trees next to my stamp room window manages to stay upright.  It whips around in the wind like crazy.  It is said that strong winds help the root system become stronger, in the same way that the storms of life help us become stronger people.  

In an earlier post I mentioned the 4  types of Christmas cards: 
Religious cards (Nativity scenes, angels, doves, etc)
Elegant cards (sparkle, bling, ornaments, presents, snowflakes Christmas trees)
Cute cards (snowmen, children, Santas, cute animals such as penguins and bears)
Rustic Natural cards (pine trees, cabins in the woods, ice skates, snow scenes, deer and other wildlife, birds)

Today's card fits squarely into the Rustic Natural category.  Take a peek and I think you'll agree...



This handsome "rustic natural" card is the work of Kathy Milano, one of the demonstrators in my downline.  Here are the things she used to create it:
Stamps:  Winter Wishes, Joyful Season
Ink: Early Espresso, Tip Top Taupe, Lost Lagoon
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Lost Lagoon, Tip Top Taupe

The sled and skis were stamped in Early Espresso, then colored with a blender pen and Tip Top Taupe ink from the lid of the stamp pad.  You know the trick... press a closed stamp pad really hard so that the pad hits the lid inside.  Then open the pad and use a blender pen to color with the pool of ink that is on the inside of the lid.  She stamped the skate in Early Espresso on some Lost Lagoon card stock, then cut out just the skate and glued it on top of another skate that she stamped on Very Vanilla.  The skis are "fussy cut," that is, cut out by hand.  She used the new Softly Falling embossing folder on the Lost Lagoon background panel.  What a great card!  Thanks, Kathy, for allowing me to show it on my blog!

I've got a busy week ahead of me.  How about you?  If you have a morning to spare, why not join me for Coffee and Cards on Wednesday morning, Oct. 14th at 10 am?   I'll be making some yummy cranberry orange muffins and the coffee pot will be full.  You'll make a couple of great cards and go home inspired to stamp.  It's a great way to start your day, so please let me know if you'd like to attend. The cost for Coffee and Cards is just $10, or free with a $25 purchase.  

Hugs and happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment