Wednesday, August 19, 2015

World of Dreams, Stampin'Up!

Hey there stampers!

What's going on in your world today?  Whatever is happening, I hope it's something good, something happy, and something fun.  And if none of those things are true for you today, then I hope you're being productive and accomplishing a lot.  Believe it or not, I think it is fun to work when I'm accomplishing things and checking them off my "to-do" list.  To me there's almost nothing more beautiful that a list with all of my chores checked off!  So I guess I'd better get started on this post so I can check it off my list!

The card I'm going to show you in just a minute is one that we made at the August 11th Techniques on Tuesdays class.  We made three cards, each with dry embossing (with the Big Shot) and heat embossing ( with embossing powder and the heat tool).  

Here's the card...



Supplies used:
Stamps, World of Dreams
Ink:  Versamark, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Whisper White card stock, Glossy White card stock, Crumb Cake card stock.
Accessories: Lovely Lace embossing folder, Ovals Framelit Dies,
Crumb Cake striped grosgrain ribbon, White Embossing Powder.

Directions:
Stamp bird/nest image with Versamark Ink on glossy white card stock.  Dip into white embossing powder and heat until image is shiny.  Allow to cool, then cut out with an oval framelit.  Cut a slightly larger oval from Crumb Cake card stock.  Emboss the white panel with the Lovely Lace embossing folder, wrap it with the striped grosgrain ribbon and adhere to the Crumb Cake panel.
Using a sponge and some Crumb Cake ink, sponge all over the stamped oval with a rotary motion.  Keep sponging until it's as dark as you want it.  My sample is on the light side, but was easily fixed by sponging on more ink.  A word of caution... this technique works best on glossy card stock. The glossy card stock allows the ink to be sponged on more smoothly.

OK, people!  I'm off and running!
Toodle ooh, caribou
"Bye bye butterfly! "
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment