Friday, August 28, 2015

Schoolhouse Designer Paper, Stampin'Up!

Hurray for Friday!

It has been a busy week at our house, so we are ready for some down-time!  I'm not sure why, but all sorts of events/activities/appointments migrated to the last week in August, making this an action-packed week.  It is a blessing to be busy, though, so don't think I'm complaining.  

Today I'm going to show you another fun card I made using the Schoolhouse DSP that I showed you on Wednesday.  This time, the card is for my granddaughter Emma, who'll be starting the 4th grade on September 2nd in Seattle.  I like to make the start of a new school year special with a little package for the kiddos to open.  This is the card I made to go along with it. Maybe you've got a special child in your life that will be heading back to school.  If so, you might want to make them a card like this.



I stuck to primary colors to give this card a "school days" look.  Remember when chalkboards were green?  I hope they haven't been phased out altogether, although I suspect that whiteboards are more common now.  Anyway, I love the chalkboard look of that green DSP with the white letters.  The manuscript paper is also from the Schoolhouse collection.  I stamped the sentiment, from the Watercolor Words set (page 117) in Pacific Point ink.  The flowers, from the Pictogram Punches stamp set (page 46) are stamped in Real Red.  The card base is Real Red card stock, with Daffodil Delight on top.  Emma is quite the little card-maker herself, so I hope she'll enjoy opening this one.

Thank you, dear stampers, for coming here to read my ramblings.  I hope that you enjoy the cards and that they give you ideas for your own stamping.  Have a great weekend, everyone!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment