Monday, August 31, 2015

Farewell, August!

Oh my goodness!  Can you believe that today is the last day of August??  How did that happen?  I think that this summer passed more quickly than any other summer on record!  At lease for me it did.   I guess that's what happens when you're busy, busy, busy all the time.   I don't know if you can remember back to the days of the endless summers we enjoyed as children.  The days and weeks seemed to crawl by, probably because we really didn't have much to do but play all day, swim at the public "plunge," and lie on our backs watching the clouds drift by.  

With tomorrow being September 1st, I think it might be time for a few more fall-ish cards, even though fall doesn't officially arrive until September 23rd.  Although I know some of my customers don't "do" Halloween, the popularity of this holiday has increased and in 2014, 7.4 billion was spent on costumes, candy, and decorations.  For most people, Halloween is all about the candy.  Ask any child and they will talk about two things... their costume and the candy they'll get.  Let's forget about the ghosts, bats, spiders, and the other "scary" trappings of Halloween and remember that it is a pretty harmless celebration of dressing up and sweets that children (and sometimes their parents) really enjoy.  I have fond memories of my childhood Halloweens and I bet you do too.  

In keeping with the sweet side of Halloween, I've got a cute card for you today, made by Mary Peterson, a great stamper who just happens to be in my downline.  Take a peek...



Mary used the cute Designer Paper called Happy Haunting on page 47of the new Holiday Catalog.  [Speaking of the new Holiday Catalog, we can order from it beginning tomorrow, September 1st!  If there's something you can't wait to get your hands on, send me your order via email.  I'll be submitting an order on the 1st, so I can group the orders together to save on shipping costs. ]  

Mary used the new embossing folder called Woodland that's shown on page 39 of the catalog.  The cardstock colors are Very Vanilla, Tangelo Twist, and Basic Black.  The "trick or treat" sentiment is from the new "A Little Something" set on page 41 of the Holiday catalog.  She punched it out with the Label Bracket punch on page 166 of the annual catalog.  This is a fun, non-scary card that any child would love, especially if it is accompanied by a nice bag of candy!  Yum-O!

Well, stampers, I'm off to work on my Holiday Catalog Kick-Off, which is happening on Saturday, Sept. 12th.  I hope you can join me then for some stamping fun!
Farewell, August and hello September!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment