Friday, August 7, 2015

Floral Wings Stampin'Up!

Happy Friday everyone!

Wow... the first full week of August sure went by quickly!  I hope the rest of the month doesn't pass by in a blur like this week did.  Even though we've had a bit too much heat, I'm afraid I still don't want summer to leave us.  There's too much summertime stuff we haven't done yet, like going to the beach, enjoying some outdoor concerts, and just sitting on the porch to read the newspaper.  A couple of nights ago I decided to take some time out from working to just sit out on the porch and read.  I was rewarded with a lovely summer serenade by a small band of crickets and a visit from a neighbor's cat.  It really is the little things that make life grand. Obviously I need to sit out there more often!

Today's card is a beauty, stamped by one of my Monaco friends, Paula Cannon.  She used one of the new hostess sets called Floral Wings.  Have a look...



She used the Hardwood background stamped in Crumb Cake, The vines are stamped in Cucumber Crush while the roses are stamped in Tempting Turquoise.  The butterfly is stamped in Daffodil Delight.  The sentiment is stamped in Cucumber Crush, then punched out with the new Washi Label punch.  Some of the new Dotted Lace Trim in Cucumber Crush forms the body of the butterfly.  This card has a definite summery feel, but imagine how easily you could turn this into a card for fall, simply by changing the colors.  Thanks, Paula, for allowing me to share your great card on my blog.

I hope you'll enjoy a wonderful summer weekend, filled with all sorts of relaxation and fun.  Summer 2015 will soon be just a memory, so get out there are make some good ones.
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment