Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Schoolhouse Designer Paper Stampin'Up!

Hi everyone!  

I guess I should have called this week Designer Series Paper Week, or DSP Week for short.  DSP can also mean Double Sided Paper.  Whichever name you prefer, it's the same great stuff... beautiful paper with designs on both sides!

My sweet granddaughter Allie, who lives in Davis California is turning 4 years old tomorrow.  As some of you may know, the bicycle is king in Davis.  There are more bicycles than cars and everywhere you go you see bicycles.  This year, Allie is getting a bike for her birthday... a two wheeler!  No worries, though.  I'm sure it will have training wheels, although probably not for long.  She's had a strider bike for quite a while and has learned to balance on it, so I think she's almost ready to ride.

Here's the birthday card I created for her, to celebrate turning 4 and her new bike...



As soon as I saw the bicycles in the Schoolhouse DSP collection, I knew I would have to get it to make cards for my Davis daughter and her family.  Both patterns on this card are from that collection, which you can see on page 143 of the annual catalog.  The sentiment is from the fabulous Tin of Cards stamp set on page 110.
Even if you aren't planning to purchase the Tin of Cards Kit, shown on that same page, you'll want the stamp set, as it's got some great sayings in it.  The number 4 is from the Larger Than Life Alphabet and Numbers set on page 132.  The greeting and the number are stamped in Pacific Point, then backed with Tangerine Tango card stock.  I hope Allie loves her new bike and I hope she at least glances at the card I made her!  As you might guess, 4 year-olds are not really into cards.  Maybe later she'll appreciate that her Oma made her a hand-stamped card.  

After today, you are "over the hump" and coasting toward the weekend.  Hope all is well in your corner of the world!
Hugs and Happiness,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment