Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Lovely as a Tree, Stampin'Up!


Hi again!  Here I am, writing another post in hopes of encouraging you to get out your stamps and have a little creative fun.

How's your Wednesday going so far?  Got any big plans for today?  I can't say that there's too much excitement around here, and that's a very happy thing.  Excitement around our house usually means some sort of medical emergency, so I'll take a regular, uneventful day, thank you very much! 

As I mentioned on Monday, this week is all about the stamp set Lovely as a Tree... the oldest (and perhaps the best) stamp set in the Stampin'Up! annual catalog.  Check out this quick and easy, but great, card...



This is another swap that I received at the recent Stampin'Up! convention.  Mary Ann Scott is the stamper who came up with this very clean and classic card.  The colors are Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, and Early Espresso.  I love how she used the cross-hatching background stamp that's part of the You've Got This stamp set (page 113 of the annual catalog).  It makes a perfect backdrop for the trees.  The die-cut "thanks" was cut out with the Hello You Thinlits ( page 172 of the annual catalog).  I love how the two new products (the background stamp and the die cut words) give this tried and true stamp set a contemporary lift.

I'm thinking that most of you own the Lovely as a Tree set, so I encourage you to get it out and stamp with it today. Mary Ann used Crumb Cake ink for her background, but Soft Sky or Pool Party would look equally beautiful.

Well, my friends, that's it for today!  I've got lots of things on my "to-do" list, so I'm off the accomplish as many as I can.  I hope your day is productive too!
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment