Friday, January 23, 2015

Sweet and Simple

Yay!  It's Friday!

How nice that the weekend is almost here.  I've got a lot of stamping going on this weekend, both in Hillsboro and Salem so I'll be all over the map!  

There are only a couple of weeks left until Valentine's Day, so I've got to show Valentines while I can.  The birthday, thank you, and thinking of you cards will have to wait.  Most of us won't be going into assembly-line mode for Valentine cards, like we do for Christmas cards.  Far-flung friends and relatives really do not expect a Valentine the way they do a Christmas card.  So you're off the hook for stamping 100 Valentines!  But why not make a few simple ones for some of the most treasured people in your life?
Today's card would be perfect for a special friend...



This very clean and simple card was a snap to make.  I used Basic Black, Whisper White and Blushing Bride as my colors.  The black/white designer paper is from the new Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack on page 5 of the Occasions catalog.  The fun thing about this new stack is that one side of the paper features Valentine-y prints while the reverse is all black and white.
So once Valentine's Day is over, just use the great black and white patterns for all sorts of cards.
I made that adorable bow with the new Bow Builder Punch that's on page 13 of the Occasions catalog.  You just punch, fold, and glue and you've got a sweet little bow!  I've found that the best way to glue these together is with glue dots.  I used one of the heart framelits in the Hearts Collection (page 231 of the annual catalog) to cut the black and white heart.

This is one of the cards that we'll be making at my Valentine class on Saturday, January 31st at 1 pm at my house.  I'd love to have you join us for stamping, chatting, snacking, and relaxing! Send me a quick email if you'd like me to save a spot for you.

Have a restful and restorative weekend, everyone!
Hugs,
Susan

1 comment:

  1. Love the Valentine's Day cards. Thank-you for some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete