Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I {heart} you!

Hello again and happy Wednesday!

OK... we did a friendly Valentine on Monday, so today let's go for a more romantic one.  Now this one isn't full of lace and flowers and pastel colors and pearls.  No, this one is a "manly" Valentine!
Take a look and I think you'll see what I mean



I started with a panel of Real Red card stock, then embossed it with the new Happy Heart embossing folder that's on page 9 of the new Occasions catalog.  Then I used some of the Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper Stack on page 5 of the Occasions catalog and punched out three large hearts with the Sweetheart Punch on page 222 of the annual catalog and three smaller hearts using the tiny punch that's part of the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack on the same page.  The sentiment is from the stamp set Pictogram Punches on page 89 of the annual catalog.  I stamped it on Whisper White card stock using the Tuxedo Black Memento Stamp pad (page 212), my favorite black.  This black ink is dark, dries quickly, and doesn't smear.  If you haven't tried it, you really should.  I think you'll end up loving it as much as I do.  I punched out another small heart and adhered it on top of the heart in the sentiment with a dimensional dot, just to accent the heart.  The great black and white chevron ribbon can be found on page 207.

I think this card has a nice "Valentine-y" look, without being girly.  Although it would be perfect for a guy, it could be given to almost anyone.  If you haven't already started, it's time to get going on your Valentines.   As I mentioned in an earlier post, Valentine's Day is the second most popular card-sending holiday, with over 151 million cards being sent.  Think of how happy your friends and family will be to find something other than a bill or an advertisement in their mailbox.  "Real mail" is a cause for celebration these days!

Here's a fun idea.... invite some friends over for a "crafternoon" of making Valentines.  Make some cookies or cupcakes, brew a pot of tea or coffee, get out some stamps and paper and have some "girl time."  Your friends will love you for it! Oh, and don't forget chocolate.  You've got to have chocolate when stamping!

Thanks for stopping by today and please come back on Friday for more stamping ideas.
Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment