Monday, January 5, 2015

Avoid the Winter Doldrums.... Stamp!

Hello stamping friends!
I don't know about you, but I'm happy the holidays are over and we are into the winter months.  I love being in my stamp room while the wind whips the birch trees around and the rain beats against my window.  It's positively cozy up here and I don't need to feel guilty that I'm not outside exercising or pulling weeds.  The holiday "shoulds" have all been completed for another year (decorating, shopping, wrapping, baking, card-sending, etc.) and I can devote myself to stamping with a clear conscience.  And that's just what I did all day yesterday.  For a while I was worried that I'd forgotten how to lay out a card.  After all, it had been over two weeks since I'd stamped anything.  Thankfully, though, my "mojo" didn't desert me and I was able to get right back into the swing of things.

Here's one of the cards I made yesterday...



Today I'm featuring the new Lotus Blossom stamp set, which is one of the free Sale-a-bration sets you can earn with a $50 purchase.
The great thing about this stamp set, aside from the fact that you can get it free with a purchase, is that it is a three step stamping process.  To make it easy-peasy, the stamps are labeled 1,2, and 3 so you'll never forget which image to stamp first, second, and third.  The other fun thing is that there's an arrow at the top of each image so you'll never be confused as to which end is up!  Oh, and one more thing that's unique.... you only need one color of ink to achieve the tone on tone look of this image.  I stamped the first two images with full-strength Calypso Coral ink, and for the third and final image, I stamped off once before stamping over the other two images.  This is a completely clear photo-polymer stamp, so lining up the images is very easy.  
I used Pear Pizzazz ink for the stem and Early Espresso for the sentiment.  Then of course I used all three colors--Calypso Coral, Pear Pizzazz, and Early Espresso for the card stock as well as some Early Espresso ribbon.  This card is definitely my style--- clean, crisp, and classic.  I hope you like it!  
Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope  your Monday is off to a great start!  Don't forget to come back on Wednesday for another classic card.
Stamping Hugs,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment