Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Happy "Hump" Day!

Hey there, stampers!  

It's Wednesday and you know what that means! After today we're over the hump and all that's left is gliding downhill to the weekend. I've got just a couple of Valentines left to show you and once I'm done with those, we will leave Valentine's Day behind for another year... I promise! 

Check out this fun card and then I'll briefly tell you what I used to create it.



First of all, the colors here are Blushing Bride, Early Espresso, and Cherry Cobbler.  This combination always reminds me of a raspberry truffle.  And what says Valentine's Day more than chocolate?

I don't know if you're as lazy as I am, but sometimes when I'm creating I just hate to get up to find a die and cut it on the Big Shot.
So when I got the Party Pennants Die, I cut quite a few of them so when I wanted one, I'd have them pre-cut.  I did the same thing with the Hello You Thinlets, so now I have some pre-cut "hellos,"  "yous," "thanks," and "happys" in my drawer, ready to pop onto cards.  I cut them in several of my most-used colors so that I have a bit of variety.  Now I don't have to interrupt the creative process and that's a happy thing.

The white panel is one of the pennants cut with the Party Pennants Die.  The word love comes from the Crazy about You set on page 31 of the Occasions catalog.  And of course the "you" was cut with the Hello You Thinlet dies on the same page.  You can bundle these two together and save.  The hearts were cut with the Hearts Collection Framelits in the annual catalog and of course the cute little bow was made with the Bow Builder Punch (page 13 of the Occasions catalog).  Those tiny sequin hearts are found on page 208 of the annual catalog.  Oh, and I embossed the Early Espresso layer with the new Happy Heart embossing folder, which is on page 9 of the Occasions catalog.

If you left off the girly bow, this card would work for a guy, too.
But as it is shown here, it would definitely be a card for a girl or a woman.  Guys just aren't into bows. The sequins would probably have to go as well, but you could stamp some small hearts instead.

Hope your week is going well and that you've had time to sneak in a little bit of stamping time!
Hugs to all,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment